MYWIFI NETWORKS PLATFORM LICENSE AGREEMENT
This License Agreement (this “Agreement”) is between MyWiFi, a division of 2452672 Ontario Inc. (“MyWiFi”) and you, (“Channel Partner”).
BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT, BY COMPLETING THE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS OR BY CLICKING A BOX INDICATING ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT OR BY ELECTRONICALLY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, CHANNEL PARTNER AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING AGREEMENT.
If Channel Partner is entering into this Agreement on behalf of a company or other legal entity, Channel Partner represents that it has the authority to bind such entity to these terms and conditions. If Channel Partner does not have such authority, or if Channel Partner does not agree with the terms of this Agreement, Channel Partner must not accept this Agreement.
WHEREAS MyWiFi has developed a proprietary Wi-Fi hotspot management, advertising and analytics platform, and provides certain related hardware (routers and gateways) and services including training, technical support, marketing materials, and a web-based knowledge repository, all as further described and defined in this Agreement;
AND WHEREAS Channel Partner wishes to obtain from MyWiFi, and MyWiFi desires to provide Channel Partner access to and use of the Wi-Fi hotspot management, advertising and analytics platform, and to provide the related routers and services, all as further described and defined in this Agreement;
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration for the premises and mutual covenants and agreements herein and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, the parties agree as follows:
- Definitions. As used in this Agreement, the following capitalized terms shall have the meaning set out in this Section 1. Other capitalized terms used in this Agreement are defined where used.
- “Applicable Privacy Laws” means any federal, state or provincial legislation now in force or that may in the future come into force governing (i) the collection, use, disclosure and management of Personal Information, or (ii) the sending of commercial electronic messages or spam, applicable to either party or to the Services;
- “Client Content” means any Client content that is input into any Marketing Templates by Channel Partner on behalf of Client, or that otherwise constitutes Client–branded or Client-selected (third party) marketing and promotional material such as Client Marks, Facebook notifications, mobile coupons, vouchers, offers, promotions, banner ads, videos, lotteries, and event notifications;
- “Client Information” means any Client information, including referral information generated by, or delivered by, Channel Partner to MyWiFi pursuant to activities contemplated under this Agreement
- “Client License Agreement” means an executed, binding agreement between Channel Partner and any Client that governs Channel Partner’s provision of the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service (including all components thereof) to Clients that (a) includes industry standard terms and conditions; (b) ensures that MyWiFi is not liable to Client or any End User; and (c) requires Clients to comply with applicable laws (including Applicable Privacy Laws);
- “Client Location” means a physical location owned or leased by Client and where Client is offering MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service;
- “Client” means a Person that has entered into a Client License Agreement to offer MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service at a Client Location (whether or not using MyWiFi Routers), and that is part of the Channel Partner Wi-Fi Network;
- “Effective Date” means the date upon which the Channel Partner (or its agent) agrees to be bound by its terms and conditions by completing the online application process or by clicking a box indicating acceptance of this Agreement.
- “End User Data” means information about End Users’ and their use of the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service, including names, email addresses and social networking information of users, data relating to the End User’s device (such as MAC address) usage analytics, social activity, patronage of Client Location, location of device, advertising performance, and Client coupon redemptions, all as input into or collected through the MyWiFi Control Panel. End User Data includes End User Personal Information;
- “End User Personal Information” means Personal Information of End Users;
- “End User” means an individual that uses the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service at a Client Location or whose device exchanges information with the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service;
- “including” means including without limitation and “includes” means includes without limitation;
- “Landing Page” means the web page that first appears when an End User connects to the Platform, and which includes a portal enabling the End User to access the internet;
- “Channel Partner Content” means any Channel Partner content that is input into any Marketing Templates by Channel Partner, or that otherwise constitutes Channel Partner–branded or Channel Partner-selected (third party) marketing and promotional material such as Channel Partner Marks, Facebook notifications, mobile coupons, vouchers, offers, promotions, banner ads, videos, lotteries, event notifications;
- “Channel Partner Wi-Fi Network” means the Channel Partner’s aggregate network of Clients;
- “Look and Feel” means the characteristics and visual appearance of the Landing Page as customized with the Client Content and/or the Channel Partner Content, as applicable, and shall specifically exclude the MyWiFi Technology;
- “Marketing Templates” means the downloadable, editable marketing templates made available by MyWiFi to the Channel Partner and which include templates that Channel Partner can use to market the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service and related services to potential Clients, and templates that Channel Partner can provide to Clients to assist Clients in marketing the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service to End Users;
- “Marks” means trade-marks, trade names, logos and designs;
- “MyWiFi Control Panel” means the MyWiFi proprietary real-time reporting and management software application with integrated ad server hosted by MyWiFi and running on the Platform;
- “MyWiFi Knowledge Repository” means a generic help page residing on the Platform at support.mywifi.io and accessible to Channel Partners for purposes of assisting with troubleshooting Routers;
- “MyWiFi Members Area” means a generic page residing on the Platform at members.mywifi.io that serves as a repository for Marketing Templates and Training Materials;
- “MyWiFi Platform” or the “Platform” means the software services that are owned and operated by MyWiFi: (i) upon which Channel Partner will access and use the MyWiFi Control Panel; and (ii) to which End Users will connect (initially to the Landing Page) using the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service;
- “MyWiFi Router” means a wireless router or a gateway (as applicable) configured to function only with the MyWiFi Control Panel, all associated router hardware such as antennae and power supply unit, and installation guides and other related material;
- “MyWiFi Technology” means, whether licensed, acquired or developed by MyWiFi, and as may be modified, enhanced or updated during the Term, all information, materials, know-how or technology, elements, data, graphics, programming and coding (including all interfaces, navigational devices, menus, menu structures or arrangements, icons, help and other operational instructions, and all other components of any source or object computer code) that comprise the Platform (and the Look and Feel thereof), the MyWiFi Control Panel, the Marketing Templates, the MyWiFi Marks, and the MyWiFi Knowledge Repository, and all literal and non-literal expressions of ideas that operate, cause, create, direct, manipulate, access, or otherwise affect the Platform (and the Look and Feel thereof), the MyWiFi Control Panel, the Marketing Templates, the MyWiFi Marks, and the MyWiFi Knowledge Repository, and design elements;
- “MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service” means wireless internet access provided at a Client Location through the Platform;
- “Person” means an individual, a corporation, a partnership, a trust, an unincorporated organization, the government of a country or any political subdivision thereof, or any agency or department of any such government, and the executors, administrators or other legal representatives of an individual in such capacity;
- “Personal Information” means information about an identifiable individual, and includes any information that is “personal information” within the meaning of one or more Applicable Privacy Laws;
- “Processing” or “Process” means the collection, use, modification, retrieval, disclosure, storage, anonymization, deletion, and/or management of Personal Information.
- “Services” means the provision of the MyWiFi Control Panel as a service for access and use by Channel Partner, the provisions of the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service offering for provision to Clients, and the hosting, marketing and branding, training, and support services as described in Article 2;
- “Training Materials” means training materials and content, including videos, such as getting started checklists, Platform configuration, sales training techniques, and sales strategy blueprints.
- Definitions. As used in this Agreement, the following capitalized terms shall have the meaning set out in this Section 1. Other capitalized terms used in this Agreement are defined where used.
- MYWIFI SERVICES
- Platform. MyWiFi shall, during the Term, operate the Platform for access by the Channel Partner as contemplated in this Agreement.
- MyWiFi Control Panel – Software as a Service. MyWiFi shall, during the Term, host the MyWiFi Control Panel on the Platform. In connection therewith, MyWiFi hereby grants Channel Partner a license to remotely access and use the MyWiFi Control Panel and the Platform during the Term on a non-exclusive, world-wide, royalty-free basis (other than the fees payable hereunder) for the purpose of managing the Channel Partner Network, including collecting, organizing and generating reports using End User Data and providing same to Clients, conducting marketing and promotional activities (including using the Marketing Templates as contemplated below), and using other MyWiFi Control Panel functionality as may be added from time to time. For greater certainty, Channel Partner may also provide access to the Platform to its Clients in order to use the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service.
- Firmware, Equipment and Cloud Controllers.
- Routers. MyWiFi may, during the Term, make available to Channel Partner certain types of Routers for purchase by Channel Partner as set forth on the Platform. Channel Partner may in turn resell or rent such Routers to Clients for the sole purpose of enabling Clients to offer the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service to End Users. Channel Partner may purchase Routers from MyWiFi by completing a purchase order in the form as may be required by MyWiFi and posted on the Platform from time to time during the Term. All Routers shall be subject to the applicable manufacturer’s standard limited warranty in force at the time of sale of such Routers (the “Manufacturer Warranty”). MyWiFi does not make (and Channel Partner shall not make to any potential or actual Client) any representation or warranty in respect of the Routers, and shall not be responsible for any Manufacturer Warranty or representations related to their products, nor for the specific performance of the terms and conditions of any Manufacturer Warranty. MyWiFi’s obligation in respect of the functioning of the Routers is limited to posting selected information on the MyWiFi Knowledge Repository.
- MyWiFi Firmware. MyWiFi may, during the Term, make available to Channel Partner certain firmware (i) on the Routers purchased from MyWiFi, or (ii) for separate download and use on Channel Partner’s existing equipment. In each case, MyWiFi hereby grants Channel Partner a license to remotely access and use the MyWiFi firmware during the Term on a non-exclusive, world-wide, royalty-free basis (other than the fees payable hereunder) for the purpose of enabling the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service. MyWiFi does not make (and Channel Partner shall not make to any potential or actual Client) any representation or warranty in respect of the firmware, and MyWiFi’s obligation in respect of the functioning of the firmware is limited to posting selected information on the MyWiFi Knowledge Repository.
- Remote Access. For certain implementations Channel Partner or the Client may ask MyWiFi to manage the implementation and provision of the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service remotely by directly accessing Channel Partner or the Client’s existing equipment (in each case where such equipment is supported by MyWiFi). In doing so, Channel Partner shall, and shall ensure Client (i) grants MyWiFi all rights necessary to remotely access, use and modify such equipment without any further consent from or notice to Channel Partner or Client; and (ii) agrees that, where Channel Partner or Client provides MyWiFi with login credentials in order to access such equipment, all such access is done at Channel Partner or Client’s own risk, as applicable.
- Branding and Marketing Services.
- Information shared in the MyWiFi Members Area is the intellectual property of MyWiFi and must be kept confidential at all times and not used in any manner other than as authorized by MyWiFi. Channel Partner may not share or sell any information to Clients or others, package or offer this information as a bonus, add this information to membership sites, or otherwise distribute this information without written consent from MyWiFi or pursuant to MyWiFi’s express written instructions. The Marks that are displayed in Members Area information are the property of their respective owners.
- MyWiFi reserves the right to revoke Channel Partner’s or any other Person’s access to the MyWiFi Members Area at any time if any misuse or foul play occurs, or if unauthorized file sharing or multiple-IP logins are detected.
- MyWiFi may, during the Term, make available to Channel Partners a private members area accessible only to Channel Partner and other Channel Partners of MyWiFi, and localwifi network partners, which area shall serve as a resource to learn, brainstorm, share and exchange ideas about promoting and selling the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service.
- MyWiFi shall, during the Term, for each Client make available an editable Landing Page that may be customized by Channel Partner to incorporate Channel Partner Content and / or Client Content, as applicable.
- Hosting Services. The Platform shall be hosted by a third party hosting provider selected by MyWiFi for access by Channel Partner and End Users as contemplated under this Agreement. MyWiFi will make reasonable efforts to monitor the up-time of the hosting services, but does not guarantee or warrant its availability due to various external internet factors. Furthermore, the availability of the Platform may be interrupted in order to provide planned maintenance and upgrades to the Platform, the Server, the MyWiFi Control Panel, or any and all hardware or software required for the hosting, operation or transmission of the Platform and provision of the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service.
- Training Services. MyWiFi shall, during the Term, offer certain training to Channel Partner in respect of marketing, setting up, pricing, and operating the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service, and using the MyWiFi Control Panel, as such training is posted on the Platform from time to time during the Term. MyWiFi shall also, during the Term, make Training Materials available to Channel Partner in the Members Area.
- Support Services. MyWiFi shall, during the Term: (a) make reasonable email and online chat support available to Channel Partner on a 24 hour per day basis in respect of the functioning of the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service (and the components thereof), and in respect of the MyWiFi Control Panel, (b) use commercially reasonable efforts to provide solutions, changes and corrections as are required to keep the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service (and the components thereof) and the MyWiFi Control Panel operating; and (c) provide Channel Partner with access to the MyWiFi Knowledge Repository. MyWiFi shall not, and shall have no obligation to provide support of any kind directly to Clients or End Users. It shall be the responsibility of Channel Partner to provide support services to Clients in respect of the functioning of the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service (and the components thereof), as contemplated in Section 1 below.
- CHANNEL PARTNER RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Channel Partner shall use commercially reasonable efforts to market the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service to potential Clients, including using the Marketing Templates. Channel Partner shall make no false or misleading representations or warranties with regard to MyWiFi or the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service (or the components thereof), or engage in deceptive business practices. Channel Partner shall refrain from communicating any information with respect to guarantees or warranties regarding the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service, except such as are expressly authorized by MyWiFi or are set forth in MyWiFi’s literature or other promotional materials.
- Before delivering Routers or enabling a Client to offer the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service, Channel Partner shall require the Client to execute a Client License Agreement. The Client License Agreement shall be in form and substance that the Channel Partner may choose, and may grant such Clients, during the term of the Client License Agreement, the limited right to: (a) use certain of the Marketing Templates to market the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service to End Users, and to customize the editable Landing Page to incorporate Client Content; and (b) as permitted by MyWiFi, remotely access and use the MyWiFiControl Panel on a non-exclusive, world-wide, fully paid-up, royalty-free basis for the purpose of managing their instance of the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service, including collecting, organizing and generating reports using End User Data, conducting marketing and promotional activities (including using the Marketing Templates), and using other MyWiFi Control Panel functionality as may be added from time to time.
- Channel Partner will deliver all Client Information to MyWiFi. MyWiFi shall maintain records of Client Information delivered by Channel Partner to MyWiFi as a result of Channel Partner’s performance pursuant to this Agreement. All Customer Information delivered by Channel Partner shall be jointly owned by Channel Partner and MyWiFi and, pursuant to such ownership, may be used by either Party in any manner deemed appropriate subject to (i) each party’s published privacy policies then in effect, and (ii) all privacy and data protection laws and regulations applicable to the gathering, processing, storage and transmission of the Customer Information.
- Channel Partner must purchase all Routers from MyWiFi. Channel Partner may in turn resell or rent such Routers to Clients for the sole purpose of enabling Clients to offer the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service to End Users, provided that such resale or lease will be on the applicable terms and conditions set forth in the Client License Agreement.
- Channel Partner shall administer the marketing and promotional activities for Client, including customizing the Landing Page to incorporate Client Content, as applicable. Channel Partner shall conduct itself in a manner consistent with the professional image, reputation and credibility of MyWiFi, and shall not engage in activities that reflect adversely on MyWiFi.
- Channel Partner shall not: (i) decompile, transform, modify, translate, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to decrypt or derive the source code, any trade secrets, or any sensitive or proprietary information of, or included in or related to the MyWiFi Control Panel or other MyWiFi software provided hereunder; (ii) modify, merge, alter, copy, or otherwise reproduce or tamper with the MyWiFi Control Panel or any components of the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service, or produce or create any derivative works of the MyWiFi Control Panel; (iii) rent, share, lend or operate the MyWiFi Control Panel on a time share or service bureau basis, or offer any services that would compete with or replace the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service, (iv) use or access the MyWiFi Control Panel or Platform to publish, transfer, display, store, distribute or disseminate or otherwise transmit, load upon or make available anything (including information, files, software, data or other content) that is infringing of a third party’s intellectual property or other rights, inappropriate, inaccurate, illegal, profane, defamatory, obscene or indecent, or any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software, program or device that may be damaging, or to damage, misappropriate, hack into or misuse the MyWiFi Control Panel, the Platform, or any components of the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service; or (v) otherwise use the MyWiFi Control Panel, Platform, or the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service for unlawful, prohibited, illegal, inappropriate, offensive, damaging or otherwise unsuitable purposes, including in connection with activities involving junk email, spamming, hacking, defamation, abuse, harassment, stalking, threatening or otherwise violating the rights of any person. Channel Partner is responsible for all Channel Partner Content, whether posted on the Landing Page, used in the Marketing Templates, or otherwise. MyWiFi does not pre-screen Channel Partner Content, but MyWiFi has the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse or remove any Channel Partner Content.
- Channel Partner shall provide support services to Client in respect of the operation and functioning of the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service (and the components thereof). To the extent Channel Partner cannot resolve the particular issue affecting the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service, Channel Partner may contact MyWiFi for assistance as contemplated in Section 8.
- Channel Partner will provide training to Clients as required to enable them to offer the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service at the applicable Client Location.
- MyWiFi may provide Channel Partner with a password to access and use the Platform and the MyWiFi Control Panel; Channel Partners may also change their passwords directly. Channel Partner is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Channel Partner’s password, and is responsible for all activities that occur under Channel Partner’s password. Channel Partner agrees to immediately notify MyWiFi of any unauthorized use of Channel Partner’s password or any other breach of security, which includes but is not limited to computer viruses, trojan horses, spyware, malware, adware, hacking, and other malicious or unwanted means expressly or impliedly prohibited by, or inconsistent with, any provision of this Agreement. MyWiFi reserves the right to revoke Channel Partner’s access to and use of the Platform and the MyWiFi Control Panel, at its sole option and discretion and without notice to Channel Partner, if any misuse or foul play occurs or is suspected in respect thereof. MyWiFi will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from Channel Partner’s failure to provide MyWiFi with accurate information or to keep Channel Partner’s password secure.
- Channel Partner shall not appoint any independent agent, representative, distributor, OEM, value-added reseller, systems integrator, service provider or other third party to market the Products without the prior written consent of MyWiFi (which may be withheld, in its sole discretion for any reason).
- OWNERSHIP OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- MyWiFi Background Technology.
As between the parties, MyWiFi owns and shall continue to own all right, title and interest including intellectual property and proprietary rights in and to the MyWiFi Technology. In addition to the rights granted to the MyWiFi Control Panel in Section 2.2, to the extent required to enable Channel Partner to provide the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service offering and related service to Clients, MyWiFi hereby grants to Channel Partner a non-exclusive, limited license during the Term to use, install, load, access, view, store, display, produce, reproduce, and communicate to the public the MyWiFi Technology.
- Channel Partner Content. As between the parties, Channel Partner owns and shall continue to own all right, title and interest including intellectual property and proprietary rights in and to the Channel Partner Content. Channel Partner hereby grants to MyWiFi a non-exclusive, limited license during the Term to use the Channel Partner Content solely for the purposes of providing the Services under this Agreement. Channel Partner is solely responsible for securing and paying for all digital content licenses and any other Marks or copyright licenses from third party content owners (or their agents) to the extent such content forms part of the Channel Partner Content.
- Channel Partner agrees to pay MyWiFi compensation for services and equipment rendered to Channel Partner pursuant to this Agreement in accordance with the fees and pay schedule set out in Exhibit 1 MyWiFi may change the fees and pay schedule set out in Exhibit 1 hereto as contemplated at Section 11.7.
- Channel Partner hereby authorizes MyWiFi to draw monthly automatic recurring payments from Visa, MasterCard or PayPal, covering the initial setup fee, all monthly dues and all other applicable payments to Channel Partner’s service and equipment as stated in a monthly invoice that shall be e-mailed by MyWiFi. Channel Partner shall pay this invoice via an automated electronic transaction.
- The fees will renew automatically on a month-to-month basis, and monthly recurring payments, where applicable, will continue until notice of cancellation is received by MyWiFi.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and Channel Partner shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties.
- MyWiFi reserves the right to revoke access to services if Channel Partner’s balance is overdue or invoices are not paid in full. At a minimum, MyWiFi will give 7 days’ notice to Channel Partner before terminating this Agreement unless immediate termination is required due to a risk to the security or integrity of the Platform.
- If for whatever reason, Channel Partner defaults on payment or its invoices are not paid in full Channel Partner hereby authorizes MyWiFi or its assignee to collect the outstanding monies, plus service charges and interest, in any method available to MyWiFi. Channel Partner shall indemnify MyWiFi for all collection or legal fees incurred by MyWiFi in order to satisfy Channel Partner’s payment defaults.
- There will be no refunds or credits for setup fees, partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with any service. Where Channel Partner terminates this Agreement pursuant to Section 10, Channel Partner shall also pay to MyWiFi the termination charges specified in Exhibit 1, or if not specified, an amount equal to 50% of the remaining monthly fees that would have been payable to the end of the Term (collectively, the “Termination Fees”). Channel Partner acknowledges that the Termination Fees are a reasonable estimate of MyWiFi’s liquidated damages and represent consideration for the Services, and are not a penalty.
- Channel Partner shall be responsible for all expenses resulting from its own business operations and/or incurred by Channel Partner in connection with this Agreement, including, but not limited to, all expenses incurred in the promotion, demonstration, installation, and/or marketing of the MyWiFi Wi-Fi Service or otherwise performing its obligations under this Agreement.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
- EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT NOT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MYWIFI HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE PLATFORM, THE MYWIFI APPLICATION, AND SERVICES AND THEIR PERFORMANCE, INCLUDING ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, GOOD TITLE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE, OPERATION OF LAW, USAGE OF TRADE, COURSE OF DEALING OR OTHERWISE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, MYWIFI DOES NOT WARRANT AND THERE IS NO CONDITION THAT (A) THE SERVICES WILL MEET CHANNEL PARTNER’S SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS, (B) THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR (D) ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. THE SERVICES AND THE MYWIFI TECHNOLOGY ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS-AVAILABLE” BASIS.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL MYWIFI BE LIABLE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOST REVENUE, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE) HOWEVER THEY ARISE, WHETHER FOR BREACH OR IN TORT, AND EVEN IF MYWIFI HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED AT LAW, MYWIFI’S LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MONEY PAID TO MYWIFI BY CHANNEL PARTNER UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IN THE THREE (3) MONTHS PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY.
- Channel Partner shall indemnify and hold MyWiFi and its officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, contractors, successors and assigns harmless from and against any and all Losses arising out of or attributable to its (a) fraud, willful misconduct or gross negligence, (b) breach of its confidentiality obligations under this Agreement, (c) breach of Section 1 or use of the MyWiFi Control Panel in a manner beyond the scope of use contemplated in Section 2.2, (d) its infringement, misappropriation or violation of third party intellectual property rights due to Channel Partner Content, and (e) misuse of End User Data or breach of any Applicable Privacy Laws, including in each case where such Losses are caused by those whom such party is responsible for at law. For purposes of this Agreement, the term “Losses” means all losses, liabilities and damages (including taxes and related penalties) and all related costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees on a full indemnity basis, and expenses and costs of litigation, settlement, judgment, appeal, interest and penalties.
- Restriction on Use of Confidential Information. Channel Partner acknowledges that in connection with this Agreement it may have access to proprietary information of MyWiFi, including but not limited to trade secrets, data, processes, technical information, business knowledge, pricing, service providers, hosting providers, technology partners, research and development and marketing strategies (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Confidential Information”). Channel Partner acknowledges that the disclosure of Confidential Information in any manner would be highly detrimental to the interest of MyWiFi. Channel Partner agrees that the right to maintain such Confidential Information constitutes a proprietary right, which MyWiFi is entitled to protect. Accordingly, Channel Partner shall not disclose or permit (either during this Agreement or thereafter) the disclosure of any Confidential Information to any person, or use or permit the use of same, for any purposes other than those of the owner of such information. Channel Partner shall not use any Confidential Information of MyWiFi except as may be necessary to perform its obligations under this Agreement.
- Disclosures Required by Law. Channel Partner may disclose Confidential Information in response to a valid court order, law, rule, regulation (including without limitation any securities exchange regulation), or other governmental action provided that (a) MyWiFi is notified in writing prior to disclosure of the information, and (b) Channel Partner assists MyWiFi, at MyWiFi’s expense, in any attempt by the other to limit or prevent the disclosure of the Confidential Information.
- Remedies Upon Breach. Channel Partner agrees that MyWiFi shall have no adequate remedy at law if there is a breach or threatened breach of this Article 8 and, accordingly, that MyWiFi shall be entitled (in addition to any legal remedies available) to injunctive or other equitable relief to prevent or remedy such breach.
- Return or Destruction. Upon the termination or expiration of this Agreement or upon the earlier request of MyWiFi, the Channel Partner shall (a) at its own expense, (i) promptly return to MyWiFi all information that is in tangible form (and all copies thereof) that is the property of MyWiFi (including pursuant to this Agreement) or that contains any Confidential Information (collectively, the “Material Information”), or (ii) upon written request from MyWiFi, destroy such Material Information and provide MyWiFi with written certification of such destruction, and (b) cease all further use of any Material Information, whether in tangible or intangible form.
- Ownership. The Confidential Information of MyWiFi is, and will remain, the property of MyWiFi. Channel Partner obtains no right, title, interest or license in or to any of the Confidential Information of MyWiFi except for the rights expressly set forth in this Agreement.
- DATA PROTECTION
- Channel Partner shall comply with all Applicable Privacy Laws when using the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, Channel Partner shall only Process Personal Information for the purposes of rendering the services to Client, and shall not disclose any Personal Information, in any manner whatsoever, to any third party other than Client.
- MyWiFi reserves the right to audit Channel Partner’s use of the MyWiFi Control Panel, including access logs and activities.
- TERM and TERMINATION
- Term. This Agreement will commence on the Effective Date and shall continue for the period of time set out in Exhibit 1 and thereafter will renew on a month-to-month basis unless otherwise provided in Exhibit 1 (the “Term”), in each case unless it is terminated earlier in accordance with this Article 10.
- Termination for Cause. If either party materially breaches this Agreement, and such default is not cured within thirty (30) days after written notice is given to the defaulting party specifying the default, then the party not in default may, by giving written notice thereof to the defaulting party, terminate this Agreement as of a date specified in such notice of termination.
- Termination for Insolvency or Bankruptcy. Either party may immediately terminate this Agreement by giving written notice to the other party in the event of (a) the liquidation or insolvency of the other party, (b) the appointment of a receiver or similar officer for the other party, (c) an assignment by the other party for the benefit of all or substantially all of its creditors, or (d) the filing of a meritorious petition in bankruptcy by or against the other party under any applicable bankruptcy or debtors’ legislation for its relief or reorganization.
- Termination for Convenience. Either party may terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason by providing written notice to the other party indicating such termination.
- Assignment. MyWiFi may assign any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement, without the prior express written consent of Channel Partner. Channel Partner may not assign this Agreement without the prior express written consent of MyWiFi.
- Waiver. No failure or delay by either party in exercising any right, power or remedy under this Agreement, except as specifically provided herein, shall operate as a waiver of any such right, power or remedy.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement or part thereof is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, the illegality, invalidity or unenforceability of that provision will not affect: (a) the legality, validity or enforceability of the remainder of the provision or remaining provisions of this Agreement, as the case may be, or (b) the legality, validity or enforceability of that provision or part thereof in any other jurisdiction.
- Independent Contractor. Channel Partner and MyWiFi are independent contractors, and nothing herein shall at any time be construed to create the relationship of employer and employee, partners, principal and agent, or joint venturers between Channel Partner and MyWiFi. MyWiFi shall have no right or authority, and shall not attempt to enter into any contract, commitment or agreement, otherwise bind Channel Partner or incur any debt or liability of any nature in the name of or on behalf of Channel Partner.
- Survival. Those provisions that by their nature are intended to survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement shall so survive, unless stated otherwise herein.
- Further Assurances. Each party shall at any time and from time to time, upon each request by the other party, execute and deliver such further documents and do such further acts and things as the other party may reasonably request to evidence, carry out and give full effect to the terms, conditions, intent and meaning of this Agreement.
- Changes. MyWiFi may change the terms and conditions or pricing under this Agreement at any time by posting the changes to www.mywifi.io. MyWiFi will use reasonable efforts to notify Channel Partner, including by way of email, of such changes that will materially affect the scope of the services provided, or of any material price increase. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Channel Partner accepts responsibility for being fully informed of the changes posted to www.mywifi.io. If MyWiFi makes changes that are not acceptable to Channel Partner, Channel Partner may terminate the Agreement without charge by giving written notice of cancellation to MyWiFi within forty-five (45) days after the date the unacceptable change was posted. If Channel Partner does not give written notice to MyWiFi of such termination within such forty-five (45) day period, Channel Partner shall be deemed to have accepted the change, effective on the date of its posting. Channel Partner may not change this Agreement. No statement or representation (oral or written) of any sales agent, distributor, representative or employee of MyWiFi made to Channel Partner can change this Agreement.
- Force Majeure. MyWiFi will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform our obligations if such delay or non-performance arises in connection with any cause or causes beyond its reasonable control. Such causes shall include, without limitation, any act of God, fire, flood, natural disaster, strike (or other labor dispute), unusually severe weather, vandalism, terrorism, or any act, law regulation or request of any governmental body.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all previous agreements, understandings, negotiations, memoranda and representations both written and oral between the parties.
- Cumulative Remedies. All remedies provided for in this Agreement shall be cumulative and in addition to and not in lieu of any other remedies available to either party at law or in equity.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Ontario, Canada, and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, and the Parties agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts situated in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. No action, arising out of the transactions under this Agreement may be brought by either Party more than two years after the cause of action has accrued.
EXHIBIT 1: [TO BE PROVIDED SPECIFIC TO EACH CHANNEL PARTNER]
Last updated: May 19, 2017